TABLE OF CONTENTS
PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
Unless you voluntarily tell us who you are, individual users will remain anonymous. We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but you can visit many of our web pages and use applications without telling us who you are or providing any personal information about yourself.
If you do sign up for various mailing programs, or choose to place orders through our website, then we may also collect information including your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and credit card information.
Information is collected in various ways, including the following:
Browsing: When you visit the BVGiWear website but do not buy or transact with the Company in any way, the website will set cookies on your browser and will collect browsing information.
What’s are cookies? A “cookie” is a small amount on information stored on your hard drive. It was sent to your Internet browser from a Web server. These cookies collect information on our behalf to help us understand how you navigate around the website. By doing so, we can better understand how to target our products and services more effectively to suit your personal interests. In most cases, you can set your Internet browser to not accept cookies and/or opt to be notifies when a cookie is sent to your computer and then decide whether or not you want to accept it. Please note that the website might not work properly if cookies are disabled.
Shopping (whether as a guest or a registered account-holder): To shop on our website you must enter an email address. Your email will be stored and used to track your orders, billing, shipping and other information. Your credit card information is tokenized and processed as described below.
By providing us with your personal information (including by using our website), you consent to us processing this information in one or more of the ways described in this Policy, including the following:
- The information you provide at check-out is used to process your order and email you a confirmation of your order and shipping information.
- Your personal information will be primarily used to provide products and services to you, including sending you information/materials via e-mail or mail about products, offers and news we believe could interest you and also for performing analysis of the website and customer service purposes
- Other internal uses regarding your personal information received through our website may arise and may include analyzing web viewing trends and informing you of our new products. This will help us enhance your shopping experience.
The Company’s websites uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) that allows us to improve the functionality of our websites and applications and make them more useful to you and easier to use. For more information about Google visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
By visiting our websites, you acknowledge that you accept and consent to our privacy practices as well as those of Google as outlined above.
All personal information that we obtain about you will be stored and retained in accordance with Data Privacy Laws and this Policy.
Personal information submitted to or collected through our website may be stored in the United States of America. By providing us with your information (including by using our website), you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country or region.
We use caution regarding the personal information you provide during the checkout process. On our website, we utilize Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of your credit card information.
SSL encrypts your order information to avoid the decoding of that information by anyone other than the Company, to make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit your credit card information, please check your browser to see either a closed lock or an unbroken key, depending on your browser. If you do see one of these icons, then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser during the process. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address will change from “http” to “https”. Some browser versions and some firewalls don’t permit communication through secure servers like the ones we use to process orders at bvgiwear.com. If you cannot access the secure server, please feel free to place an order with use by phone at 1.951.215.2145.
Your credit card information submitted on the website is stored and processed by a third party which has contractually agreed to comply with all rules, regulations, standards or guidelines adopted or required by the credit card payment brands (such as, without limitation, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) or the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council relating to privacy, data security, and the safeguard, disclosure and handling of Payment Instrument Information, which includes, without limitation, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, Visa’s Cardholder Security Program, Discover’s Information Security Compliance Program, American Express’s Data Security Operating Policy, MasterCard’s Site Data Protection Program, Visa’s Payment Application Best Practices, the Payment Card Industry’s Payment Application Data Security Standard, MasterCard’s POS Terminal Security program, and the Payment Card Industry PIN Transmission Security program, in each case as they may be amended from time to time.
As mentioned above, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google to collect data that allows us to improve our website functionality and make them easier to use and more useful to you.
We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data when you visit our website. These companies may use information, not including your name, address, email address or phone number, about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Company (BG Valor, Inc.) except as follows:
- Consent: We will share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Company when we have your consent to do so. We require consent for sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- Internal Use: The Company shares your information among affiliates and with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on the Company’s behalf and need access to your information to carry out work for the Company.
- Analytical Purposes: We share information with third parties for analytical purposes, as described above. We never sell, trade or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third party websites or companies for commercial purposes.
- Legal Requirements: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is necessary in the following ways:
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests.
- To enforce applicable Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations of same.
- To investigate, detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, intellectual property infringement, security or technical issues.
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our website users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Business Transitions: It is possible that as the Company grows, there could be mergers, acquisitions and asset sales that could result in a change of ownership or control of your personal information that we may have collected. Your personal information would continue to be confidential if this were to happen.
You will have access to the personal information you provided to us. We will allow you to view, update and correct your information. To protect your privacy, we take steps to verify your identity, using passwords and personal data, before allowing you access to your information and enabling you to make corrections.
If you would like to find out what personal information we retain about you, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1.951.215.2145.
All requests are taken under consideration, though some requests may not be granted. If it is reasonable to do so, we will attempt to provide information access and correction for free.
To deactivate your account, please call us at 1.951.215.2145. If you deactivate your account, we may retain certain personal information about you for record keeping purposes in compliance with the applicable laws. After you delete information from our website, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems because we maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction.
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children and ensure our website is appropriate for general audiences. We do not permit anyone that tells us that he/she is under the age of 18 to register with us nor do we send email correspondence to underage individuals. Children under the age of 18 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission to provide any personal information to anyone online before doing so. We suggest parents and guardians participate in their children’s online activities and use of parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the web and ensure their privacy and protection.